Introduction to Dementia Awareness
Half day of face to face classroom tuition. Venue near you or your work place
This one day introductory course in dementia awareness is essential for anyone who works with clients who have dementia, and those who require an introduction to dementia awareness. This will enable clinicians to have the knowledge and skill to enable them to work effectively within understanding the effects of dementia and supporting staff with an effective method when delivering care to clients with dementia.
This half day course is undertaken within our purpose built training class room, which accommodates the necessary equipment to provide candidates with full hands on training. The course number will be a maximum of 15 to allow students adequate time to have opportunities to ask questions, learn and understand how dementia affects those diagnosed with the condition. The course contents are suitable for people who require a greater understanding of the condition.
The course contents are suitable for people who need to gain specific understanding of dementia to enable them to safely practice within their working environment and ensure dementia care is optimised within their environments.
The course content is:
- What is dementia?
- The effects of dementia on the brain
- What causes dementia and why dementia occurs?
- How to implement person centred care within practice?
- Importance of gathering past history
- What needs to be in individual centred care planning?
- Why are family trees important?
- Equality and diversity in relation to dementia
- Signs and symptoms of potential abuse to those diagnosed with dementia
- Why is verbal and non-verbal communication so important to recognise?
Certificates of attendance will be issued within 14 days of the course date, candidates must demonstrate full competencies within moving and handling.
The training session is delivered by registered Mental Health Nurse, who has worked within the dementia field for over 20 years
Feel free to browse our range of training courses.
If you can't find what you're looking for or would like some more information about our courses, call on 0778 349 1299 and we would be happy to answer any queries which you may have.