Safeguarding adults at risk
Half day face to face classroom tuition. Venue near you or your work place
This half day course on safeguarding adults at risk is essential to anyone who works with vulnerable clients. For example, nurses, care workers and those who work with adults who may possess a risk from safe guarding issues. The course will endeavour to provide awareness within main key areas of risk, enable candidates to have a greater understanding of adult protection issues and enable the clinician to acquire knowledge and skill to work effectively within safe practice. The course also covers a clear understanding of the effects of abuse and the actions to be undertaken when identifying potential abuse.
This half day course is undertaken within our purpose built training classroom, which accommodates the necessary equipment to provide candidates with full hands on training course. The course number will be a maximum of 15 to allow students adequate time to have opportunities to ask questions and learn and understand how vulnerable adults may be at risk from others’ dementia. Upon completion of the course candidates should have knowledge and skills to contact local resources when identifying potential risks. The course contents are suitable for people who require a greater understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
The course contents are suitable for people who need to gain a specific understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults, enabling the clinician to safely practice within their working environment and ensure risks are raised and reported accordingly.
The course content is:
- Understanding what is meant by the term ‘vulnerable adult’
- Knowing the forms abuse may take
- Recognising signs and symptoms
- Knowing what to do and what not to do
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘vulnerable adult’
- List forms abuse may take
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Understand how to respond appropriately to disclosures of abuse
- Understand roles and responsibilities towards vulnerable adults
- Understand the legislation and guidance concerning safeguarding adults at risk
- Train others in safeguarding adults at risk controls within their healthcare working environment
Certificates of attendance will be issued within 14 days of the course date. Candidates must demonstrate full competencies within moving and handling.
Feel free to browse our range of training courses.
If you can't find what you're looking for or would like some more information about our courses, call on 0778 349 1299 and we would be happy to answer any queries which you may have.